Friday, November 22, 2013

Happy holidays

Happy holidays by Judyt28
Happy holidays, a photo by Judyt28 on Flickr.

Hi everyone,
This card is for the Online Card Classes Holiday Workshop 2013.
The talented Debby Hughes did a beautiful snowflake card but I decided to change it up a little and did use the paste embossing technique.
I started with the Aspen Trees stencil from The Crafters Workshop and applied a nice even coverage of paste.
The little birdies were die cut from The Memory Box resting birds set.
I used Wink of Stella on the 2 little birdies and silver embossed the larger birdie a few times to add even more volume to the bird. Just keep dunking it in the embossing powder while the powder is still hot. It gives a very nice even full coverage.
I didn't have a nice little curvy sentiment so I actually used a sticker and fussy cut it out.
Added some Hero Arts clear gemstones to the card and there you have it.
Thanks Debby!
I love this paste embossing technique as the results are amazing.
Thanks for having a look and I do appreciate your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment