Thursday, May 29, 2014

Happy Birthday



Hi everyone, I've made this card for the current challenge over at musecardclub.blogspot.ca/2014/05/muse-challenge-69.html showcasing Cornelia's card. When I first saw her card my first idea was to use watercolours seeing as I think it is stuck in my head from the recent Online Card Classes for Watercolors. So instead I decided to resurrect my alcohol inks and glossy cardstock. Something I haven't used in a while. I can honestly say that I was out of practice with the alcohol inks and almost forgot how to apply them:) as it took a few takes. Like a movie!!! I jumped right in and swiped the 3 colours on the card and added some splatters of the same in 2 colours. I die cut the sentiment and bent it a little to give it a somewhat curved shape. Mounted the whole thing on foam tape against a black card base. I guess you could say I am happy with the result. Supplies used: Alcohol inks in Lettuce, Sail Boat Blue and Purple Twilight. Cottage Cutz Happy Birthday dies Glossy paper from Inkssentials. Enjoy and thanks for stopping by, Judy

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I love the colours you've used and how you've made that background! Beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy, love these vibrant colours, great take on Cornelia's MUSE card, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete