Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Happy Canada Day and a big Thanks






Hello everyone,

Happy Canada Day to all my fellow Canadians and I am truly thankful for living in such a great country and proud to call it my home!

I made this card with Canada Day in mind and to help celebrate our big birthday and also entering it in  http://virginiasviewchallenge.blogspot.ca/2014/07/virginias-view-challenge-5.html
Seeing that our colours are red and white I laid strips of washi tape down and then die cut the thanks from the washi piece. I also cut 2 more layers of plain cardstock and layered them for extra depth.
At first I had all the little letter centres die cut in red but that didn't look so good so I decided to cut
the centres out of white cardstock instead. Looks better I think!
Popped the whole thing up on some foam tape and and little bit of red background and there you have it!
Also added a couple of red sequins.

Anyways that 's it for today. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your day!

Judy

Supplies: SSS Big Thanks Die - SSSD111321

2 comments:

  1. I can see what you mean about the red centers.... I think is looks very pretty this way! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, your card is so awesome! Clever design indeed! I love the white/red combo and of course, happy Canada Day! So happy to see your entry for Virginia's View Challenge! It's my first time visiting your blog and I am sure there will be more! Yes, it's GREAT to be Canadians, eh!?

    ReplyDelete