Sunday, July 13, 2014

You rock!


Hello everyone,

Today I am sharing a card that I made for the Wednesday Let's be Clear challenge at http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/

I first started by embossing the background of the card with a Cuttlebug embossing folder.
I then die cut a transparency sheet with a new Memory Box background die. The die didn't quite cut all the way through the transparency piece so I was left with a solid background which was perfect for making this card.




I used a large circle die to cut a piece of black sparkle cardstock for the border around the red circle sentiment which was embossed in white. It kind of gives the effect of an old record. Boy am I dating myself!!!
I laid the clear sheet over the spotted background and added the red circle to the top of it.
As the edges of the clear sheet needed to be glued to the background I used some checkered patterned paper to hide the strips of glue along the edges.
Not sure the picture really does it justice but in real life the transparency really shows up very well.
Added a couple of sequins and the card is complete.

Thanks for stopping by!

Judy

Supplies used:

Memory Box - Big Bubble Background die (1032)
Cuttlebug - Seeing Spots embossing folder
Spellbinders - Circle dies
Paper Smooches - Sentiment Sampler
Glitz - Patterned Paper Finnley 6x6 paper pack 




No comments:

Post a Comment