Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Floral thanks

Hi everyone,

I've been a little absent from my craft room lately as we have been working on our kitchen remodel which has been taking up a considerable amount of our time. I'm probably a little rusty in the card creating world.
And now that the weather is nice it'll be time to get out and get some planting done. Off to buy flowers this afternoon.

I did manage to squeeze in some time last night though to create this card for the current SSSflickrchallenge#71 where the theme is to use a 'Favorite Technique'. I chose ink blending using a stencil.


I used a Simon Says Stamp stencil to create my background using 3 of their ink colours.

Once I was happy with the blending I die cut the panel using a stitched rectangle scallop die. Die cut the flowers in black, the sentiment in both black and white cardstock and the black frame using the same stitched rectangle scallop die.

I then added some Nuvo crystal drops and popped up the whole striped panel using foam tape.

Thanks for stopping by,

Supplies:
SSS Diagonal Stripe stencil
SSS Thanks die
MFT Die-namics Stitched Rectangle Scallop Frame die set
Memory Box English Rose Corner die
SSS inks - Jellybean, High Dive and Bluejay
Nuvo Crystal Drops - Apple Green and Caribbean Ocean



No comments:

Post a Comment