Thursday, September 14, 2017

Give thanks

Hi everyone,

It's a beautiful hot summer's day here with a temperature of 31 Celsius. Love it. Although it still feels like summer I seem to be in the mode for making cards with fall colours.

Here's one for Day 13 of Kathy Racoosin's thedailymarker30day challenge here.



I started by watercolouring some leaves with various colours of Distress inks.
For the background of my card I used an embossing folder aptly called leaves. I die cut that piece with a large stitched rectangle die and the banner piece was also die cut from that same rectangle die.
I then layered that onto my Desert Storm cardstock which I embossed using again the same rectangle die.

I couldn't find the Hero Arts stamp that I was looking for to stamp my sentiment so I used a sticker that I had. I know, I know that sounds a little different but it's hard to tell that it wasn't stamped.

Popped up the leaves and the sentiment piece with foam dots and added some twine and crystal drops for a little accent.

That's it for this card and thanks for stopping by.

Supplies:

Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle die
Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Leaves
QuicKutz Lifestyle Crafts Leaves embossing folder
Distress Inks
Nuvo Crystal drops - Ripened Pumpkin
Creative Imaginations Give Thanks sticker
Lawn Fawn twine
Neenah Solar White and Desert Storm cardstock

No comments:

Post a Comment