Saturday, November 04, 2017

Christmas tag

Hi everyone,

Today I have a tag that I created for 2 challenges. The first one is the SSS Wednesday Challenge here to create a Christmas gift tag and also for Tracey McNeely's 25 Days of
ChristmasTags here

Here's my tag:


I started out by diecutting a circle from a SSS stitched circle die using white cardstock and then applied a Tim Holtz stencil to it. I blended in various Distress ink colours using a mini dauber over the stencil.

I then moved onto diecutting the sentiment also from SSS 3 times. I layered the red cardstock sentiment slightly offset over a black die cut sentiment piece. I purposely left in the little pieces in the letters of the sentiment so that I would not have any white pieces of cardstock showing through the letters.

I die cut a piece of glitter red cardstock using a Lawn Fawn large stitched circle.  Layered the stencilled piece onto the glitter cardstock using some Sookwang double sided tape. As this is quite strong tape I wanted to make sure it would stick to the glitter cardstock. I also cut a stitched circle from some white cardstock and adhered that to the back of the tag so you can write a to and from on the back if attaching to a gift or a bottle of wine or whatever.

I added a little clear Wink of Stella to the sentiment and some decorative ribbon to the top and that completes this tag.

Thanks for stopping by.

Supplies:

SSS Merry Christmas die
SSS Stitched Circles die set
Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Circle die set
Tim Holtz Festive stencil
Distress Oxide ink - Candied Apple
Distress Inks - Wild Honey, Gathered Twigs, Mowed Lawn 
Red Glitter cardstock
Wink of Stella - clear
Decorative ribbon






No comments:

Post a Comment