Saturday, January 06, 2018

Happy New Year

Hi everyone,

Well I'm a little late with the New Year's card but here it is. I should be at the gym doing Zumba this morning but the consistent cold here has finally caught up with me. A little sinus thing going on today so feeling a little under the weather. Good time to post.


I recently purchased the Lawn Fawn Birch Trees die so thought I would use that on this card.
The base of the card was stamped with a large background stamp from Hero Arts and some blue ink. I used a stitched rectangle die and embossed the card base with that.

I moved onto creating my scene first by die cutting a large oval. I blended in 3 colours of inks to the oval. Die cut the trees with white cardstock and added a little shading and some lines with dark brown ink. Added them to the background with foam tape.

Die cut a piece of patterned paper again using the oval die and popped that up with some foam tape.

Coloured the penguins and little birdie with Copics and added glossy accents to the bird and the beaks and feet of the penguins.

The sentiment is from Lawn Fawn and stamped in black.

Well that's it for my card and stay warm!

Supplies:

Lawn Fawn Birch Trees die set
Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Oval die set
Lawn Fawn Toboggan Together stamp and die set
Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangles die set
Hero Arts large background stamp - S5637
Doodlebug Frosty Friends 6x6 paper pad
Distress Inks - Chipped Sapphire, Tumbled Glass, Gathered Twigs
SSS - High Dive ink cube
Copics
Glossy Accents

No comments:

Post a Comment